Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Holidays!


Woah! I haven't posted a blog in ages! I've been busy at school, going out with friends, writing and reading (a lot)... But I'm back! My senior year is going good so far and I'm so psyched about going to college in a couple of months, but I'm also nervous: it will be the first time I'll leave my hometown, leave my family for many months on end. It will be also the first time I'm going to have to adapt to a new place and get to know more people, as I'm going to a town I've only been twice on holidays.


Anyway, that aside: MERRY CHRISTMAS! It's Christmas Eve and I'm at home with my family and I wish you all have a very happy Christmas and get lots of presents, hugs and kisses :)

2009 is almost over and what an amazing year it has been. Sure there were some worse moments, but overall, it's been a great year. The Summer of '09 was one of my favorite ones and you got to follow me through it through my blog. Time seems to go by so fast and when we look back at it, there are so many great and even some not so great moments, and you can't help being amazed at how far you've come.

"Tempus fugit" something I learned in Portuguese this year about the philosophy of Ricardo Reis. Time flies. It's true. One moment we're in the beginning of our High School years and thinking you have all the time in the world to make your decisions; the next moment you're already halfway through your senior year and your future just doesn't seem so far away.

2010, for me, will mean a lot of things: new beginnings (in every meaning of the word), new adventures and, as always, discovering something new about myself in this long journey I'll endure my entire life, trying to find out who I am.

So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :)
"Let's hope it's a good one without any fear" :D

No comments:

Post a Comment